Has this ever happened to you? It’s Friday afternoon, you’ve had a very busy week and you are wondering where did the time go? It’s the beginning of June and wasn’t New Year just yesterday, where did the time go? What did I get accomplished?
As business owners we can get so busy serving our clients, developing new leads, and keeping up with everyone everywhere that time flies by and we don’t where it goes. Are we using it effectively to move our business forward or are we just reacting to external demands?
I felt that way this week, it June 1st 2013! When did that happen?
I’ve learnt that when this happens it is important to step back and ask myself a few key questions.
- How am I spending my day?
- Am I working effectively?
- Am I focused on the right things?
- Am I focused on tasks that really should be delegating to someone else?
- What are the top 3 things that I should be focusing on and how much time am I spending on them?
- What am I avoiding and why?
I’m in the process of asking myself these questions to understand and improve how I’m applying myself. I’ve built into my day a simple tracking process so that I can identify trends, areas to improve on and monitor my own work habits. Interestingly, just the act of doing this has made me more conscious of my choices and I’ve seen immediate improvement.
How can you improve the use of your time?
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Stand Out and Attract More Leads – RFM063 - July 18, 2019
- Couch to Active with Lyn Lindbergh – RFM062 - July 11, 2019
- We Know What is Right for Us with Jen Wozny – RFM061 - July 4, 2019