Small business owners/entrepreneurs often work alone and don’t necessarily reach out to others. It is very easy to work with our heads down, following our individual paths, never lifting our gaze to see what else is possible.
In the past several months, I’ve been working with Janis Weaver to put together our upcoming free virtual summit “2013 Monetize Your Passions Summit” which starts on July 15th.
It has been an amazing experience and reinforces how working with someone who complements you can take both of you to new levels and creating something exciting. Initially I approached Janis to meet over a coffee about an idea of doing something together. I had a vague idea of what I want to put together and thought Janis would be a great partner, but had no idea what the outcome would be.
I have to say it has been an amazing experience no matter the outcome. We’ve grown together, we worked hard, we listen to each other and, as a result, we’ve created something we are very proud of.
I’ve been thinking about what are the keys to the success of our partnership and want to share them with you.
- Initially don’t be too invested in the outcome
- Let the magic happen – 2 heads are better than one and you will create something beyond what you initially imagined
- Play to each other strengths – know that it doesn’t have to be equal time; it is more important to provide each person’s unique value to the outcome
- Enjoy the journey, the creative process and the learnings
- Don’t be limited by what and who you know; the world is full of amazing people who will jump on a good idea and make it better.
- Reach pass your comfort zone – that is where the magic can really happen
- Keep improving things each step in the process, no matter how small the improving seems. The end result will always be better.
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Stop Over Giving and Under Selling with Sarah Santacroce- RFM044 - April 18, 2019
- Lead Generation Strategies – RFM043 - April 15, 2019
- Building a Business by Livestreaming with Bonnie Frank – RFM042 - April 11, 2019