It is the time of year for seasonal preparations and business planning for the coming year. So it seemed timely that while I was looking through my mother’s cookbooks for family favorites, I stumbled upon this lovely list.
Take Time for 10 Things (author unknown)
- Take time to Work —It is the price of success.
- Take time to Think—It is the source of power.
- Take time to Play—It is the secret of youth.
- Take time to Read—It is the foundation of knowledge.
- Take time to Worship—It is the highway of reverence and washes the dust of earth from your eyes.
- Take time to Help and Enjoy Friends—It is the source of happiness.
- Take time to Love—It is the one sacrament of life.
- Take time to Dream—It hitches the soul to the stars.
- Take time to Laugh—It is the singing that helps with life’s loads.
- Take time to Plan—It is the secret of being able to have time to take time for the first 9 things.
This list is over 35 years old and still applies today. Planning time for all of these things will make a huge difference in your business and personal life. The only one I’d adjust would be to change Worship to taking time to be Spiritual, to honour everyone’s beliefs.
Which of the 10 things do you naturally take time to do? Which ones do you need to remember to include in your weekly plans? What difference will it make if you take time for all 10? Please share in the comments below or come share them in the Ready for More! Women Business Owner Circle.