Take a Moment to Reflect and Visualize 2020
Can you believe it is almost 2020, the beginning of a decade? Time flies by so quickly. Is your business on track? Have you achieved what you wanted in 2019?
It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day activities of your business and you lose focus on your bigger goals. You’re getting things done but not necessarily focused on the activities that will grow your business. Or perhaps you’ve seen bigger growth than you expected and you need to access how you’ll manage it going forward.
The end of a year is the perfect time to take a step back and reflect and develop your vision for the coming year, 2020. I believe this is an exercise every business owner should be doing every 90 days. Do you? If you don’t why not start now with these simple steps.
Now is the time to Reflect, Review, Visualize and Plan
Step 1 – Reflect and Review on 2019
Take pen and paper and answer the following questions.
- What have you achieved that you want to celebrate?
- What has been work really well?
- What make you the most excited?
- What hasn’t worked out as expected?
- Did you go off track? If yes why? Was it the right decision?
- What goals were you on track with?
- What products/services are working the best for you?
- What marketing channels/strategies are working the best? Which ones are not?
- What do you need to vent about?
- Now the numbers:
- Followers – email list, social media
Step 2 – Visualize 2020
Relax, close your eye and visualize. It is December 31, 2021, you are about to go welcome in the New Year, perhaps you are sitting by a fire with your favourite beverage. What have you achieved in your business? What does your business look like? Really sit in the moment and visualize how it feels to have reached those achievements. Now capture your vision.
Step 3 – Plan
Now that you have a clear vision of what you want to accomplish you need to break it down. You need to create your success plan.
Break down your plan by creating smaller work items and deadlines. Yes, you may need to make corrections as you go but you can only do that if you are already working a well thought out plan.
You probably don’t know every single step you will need to take in order to reach each goal. That’s ok, just start to map out the high-level goals, what you want and what you know now. The small steps will work themselves out.
- What are your monthly revenues goals?
- How many products/services do you need to sell to reach your goals?
- What marketing do you need to do?
- How do you need to focus your time?
- What milestones do you need to meet to reach that goal?
- What help do you need?
- What do you need to learn?
- What do you need to do differently?
- What is your timeline for each major work item?
- What are your top 3 to 4 priorities – the ones that need to be working on each week/day?
If you’ve been following me for any length of time you know that I believe in doing a mini exercise like this every 90 days and doing a more in-depth look at your business twice a year. This is so important, please schedule it in your calendar now and commit to doing it.
If you’d like some help please consider the 90 Day Acceleration Plan or book a free call here:
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- You Can Change Your Story - February 11, 2020
- Top 5 Email Marketing Mistakes Business Owner Make - February 10, 2020
- 4 Questions to Consider Before Changing a Business Tool - February 4, 2020