Facebook announced at the end of April 2019 it was going to put a focus on Facebook Groups. Do you host a Facebook Group for your business? If not it is something you should consider as it is a great way to create a warm and engaged audience.
Listen to this week’s Ready for More! Podcast weekly tip where I share 7 benefits of hosting your own Facebook Group and 9 things to consider when planning your group.
If you like what you hear please come and join the Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle, we are a Facebook group of 40+ women entrepreneurs helping each other reach for our More!
There are two ways to Leverage Facebook Groups, the 1st is to join and participate in other people’s groups and the second is to host your own group.
This episode focuses on how to host your own awesome Facebook group. Episode RFM055 – Leveraging Facebook Groups covers joining and participating in other people’s groups.
Hosting Your Awesome Facebook Group
Facebook groups are great resource for so many business. They work well for almost any business, for coaching, hobbies, fitness, parenting, personal growth and so much more.
There are many business benefits to hosting your own Facebook Groups. Here are a few:
- Instant credibility/expert status
- People come in to your group because of who you are.
- In their minds you are the expert and the reason they joined.
- Give you an audience of people who are listening to you
- Potential clients
- Group of warm leads
- You have opportunity to make offers to people who have chosen to be part of your community
- Just not all the time.
- Develop your message/focus
- The more you interact and post, the more refined your messaging will get.
- Learn your voice and practice it
- Test a new idea
- Present a new idea and ask for feedback
- Market research
- Learn what they really want
- What matters to them
- What keeps them up at night
- Part of a paid program
- Great way to create interaction and value in a paid coaching program.
Plan and Grow Your Facebook Group
To create a dynamic group it helps to spend a bit of time planning out the group. Consider the following:
- Decide on the niche/focus
- Be as specific as possible
- Make it mean something to your ideal client
- Stay away from something to catchy
- Create ones that let people know exactly who the group is for and the value
- Set the rules
- For example no selling outside of threads
- Be respectful and helpful.
- Create a description
- Make it about your ideal group member
- This can be seen publicly and will help people decide if they want to join.
- Decide on the type of group
- For free group Closed
- For a paid program group you either closed or secret
- Set daily themes
- Daily themes are a great way to create engagement in a group.
- Create eye catching images
- Schedule them in advance.
- Weekly topics
- Create engagement and great for doing Facebook Lives
- Grow your group
- Leverage other person’s group
- Your email list
- Promote on as a guest podcast
- Host a challenge (a learning experience)
- Have guest speakers
You can get your free copy of the worksheet 10 Lead Generation Strategies for 40+ Women Business Owners simply by joining the Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle. We are a group of 40+ women entrepreneurs helping each other reach for our More!
Would you like tips to increase your productivity? Click here to access your free gift: Take Control of Your Day and Unleash Your Potential
Are you being “Shoulded” to death, download your free ShouldBuster: https://www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster/
Learn more about Heather: https://www.igniteyourmarket.com/heathercameron
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Stand Out and Attract More Leads – RFM063 - July 18, 2019
- Couch to Active with Lyn Lindbergh – RFM062 - July 11, 2019
- We Know What is Right for Us with Jen Wozny – RFM061 - July 4, 2019