Facebook announced at the end of April 2019 it was going to put a focus on Facebook Groups. Are you leveraging being a member of Facebook groups for your business?
Listen to this week’s Ready for More! Podcast weekly tip where I share 9 ways you can use being a member of a Facebook group to grow your business.
If you like what you hear please come and join the Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle, we are a Facebook group of 40+ women entrepreneurs helping each other reach for our More!
There are two ways to Leverage Facebook Groups, the 1st is to join and participate in other people’s groups and the second is to host your own group.
This episode focuses on how to leverage other people’s Facebook groups. Episode RFM057 Hosting an Awesome Facebook Group covers the second, hosting your own group.
Leveraging Other People’s Facebook Groups
There are many business benefits to being members of Facebook Groups. Here are a few: (Remember to read and respect the rules of the group)
- Market Research
- Search on a topic and discover what people are saying about it
- Learn what language people are using to ask questions and describe their problems and/or desired outcome.
- Potential clients
- Many groups offer the opportunity to share you goals and ask for accountability.
- Some group foster accountability partners
- Generate ideas
- Learn what the trends are
- Ask questions about what people want
- Test a new idea
- Present a new idea and ask for feedback
- Sense of community and support
- If you are a group with peers, it is a great place to ask for support and get motivation
- Find opportunities to collaborate
- Groups a great place to find people who might want to collaborate with you. I find almost all of my guests for my podcast in Facebook Groups.
- Establish yourself as an expert
- Respond to other members questions
- Promote yourself according to the group rules
- Gives you exposure to other people’s audience – large and small
- For example She Podcast Facebook Group (10K+ members)
- Another group I’m a member of is over 21K business owners.
Make a Plan
Be strategic on how you plan to approach other people’s groups. Spend some time create a plan:
- Use your keywords to find groups of your potential clients and/or peers.
- For example I might search on lead generation, podcasting, female entrepreneurship
- A photographer
- Select 3 to 5 groups to participate in regularly
- answer questions
- posting in group threads each day.
- It doesn’t have to take more than 30 minutes a day.
You can get your free copy of the worksheet 10 Lead Generation Strategies for 40+ Women Business Owners simply by joining the Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle. We are a group of 40+ women entrepreneurs helping each other reach for our More!
Would you like tips to increase your productivity? Click here to access your free gift: Take Control of Your Day and Unleash Your Potential
Are you being “Shoulded” to death, download your free ShouldBuster: https://www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster/
Learn more about Heather: https://www.igniteyourmarket.com/heathercameron