In this episode Kay Richardson and Heather chat about her journey as an entrepreneur. Kay shares the importance of pushing through your fears, of building a strong business foundation so clients can easily say yes.
“Regardless of the fear push through it. Because we are going to always have fear, we are going to always have self doubt. Go back into that little voice, that little person inside you who at one point in life thought there was nothing they couldn’t do. Go back and reach back towards that person to pull you forward. ” – Kay Richardson
Who is Kay Richardson?
Kay Richardson is the CEO of Clients Who Say Yes, and she knows what is like to have the skills to solve a problem, yet struggle to communicate clearly the “Yes” Factor so client say yes. She is the go to Strategist companies call upon when their marketing doesn’t attract and convert clients.
Kay built her first successful business in her 20’s in a completely different industry. She didn’t have a clue about how to market, sell or brand a business she learnt how to do by overcoming her fears and taking action.
- 1:35 Kay’s journey from occupational therapy to helping her clients learn how to get clients who say Yes!
- 6:15 There are people out there who need your services
- 8:00 There is a framework to the process of success.
- 10:50 Failure is not an option. It amazing what we can accomplish when we let the fear go.
- 15:40 Learn to lead towards your intuition
- 18:10 How to manage the “shoulds” – know you ideal client, focus on your strengths
- 24:53 Recharge with meditation and connecting with nature. Find what grounds you.
- 27:30 Build a strong foundation for your business
- Understand who is your idea client and the transformation you help they achieve
- Understand what business you are really in
- Having a message that speaks you their needs
- Know you sales conversation
- 30:00 The sales conversation – client’s who say yes – know your signature solution and how to make the sales conversation more fluid.
- 34:30 Win the right Yes. and it is OK to walk away.
- 36:50 Learn more about Kay’s and take the Yes Factor Quiz
- 39:25 Kay’s favourite quotes: “Yes, you CAN!”
- 40:25 Kay’s parting message: “Don’t be so in love with your passion that it gets in the way of you really knowing what business you are truly in. Keep your eye on the client and not your product. Create a comfortable space to stand in your power, ask for your worth and be willing to say NO.”
“Once you have the foundation, you can begin to navigate the journey on your own. Once you have the solid beginning, which doesn’t change in business, you can fly and spread your wings.” – Kay Richardson
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Stephen Pressfield
Connect with Kay:
Yes Factor Quiz: www.theyesfactorquiz.com
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Stand Out and Attract More Leads – RFM063 - July 18, 2019
- Couch to Active with Lyn Lindbergh – RFM062 - July 11, 2019
- We Know What is Right for Us with Jen Wozny – RFM061 - July 4, 2019