In this episode Lisa Orkin and Heather chat about her journey in business as a creator and comedian. Lisa shares her expertise and advice about podcasting for your business and building a business in the podcast industry.
“I would advice them to listen to a bunch of podcasts. And then I’d say really figure out the story you want to tell. Figure out what that story is. What it is that you have to say, that you can say over and over again weekly for years. So what is the story you want tell about your business. What is it you want to teach people, how do you want to serve. ” – Lisa Orkin
Who is Lisa Orkin?
Lisa Orkin is an award-winning comedy radio producer and filmmaker and creator of the Podcast Project Woo Woo. Project Woo Woo is an unscripted interview show where comedian Lisa Orkin coerces her brilliant world-class actor and comedian friends to play her favorite people from the worlds of self-help, spirituality, literature, philosophy, and entertainment… dead or alive.
In her role as Creative Director for the award-winning Radio Ranch, Lisa has over 15 years experience in copywriting, scripting, audio production and voice acting in both traditional and digital media.
Project Woo Woo is Lisa’s fourth podcast. Lisa other podcasts include, Men Have Feeling Too which morphed into Honestly Lisa and the wildly popular Love Bites with Robbie Rist.
- 1:45 Lisa’s expertise as a creator – comedian , podcaster and producer.
- 4:10 How to manage a business as a creator – Get help.
- 9:00 A podcast can be anything – you get to choose
- 10:45 Lisa’ journey through radio to podcasting
- 17:10 Advice for going into podcasting
- 21:30 Anything goes – you can super niche and create a podcast for anything
- 26:40 Building a business around podcasting
- 32:24 Advice to start a podcast
- 37:37 Podcast can be anything – entertaining, educational or both
- 40:30 How to find people the help with their podcasting
- 47:23 Lisa’s favourite quote “We are just walking each other home.” – Ram Dass
- 47:35 Lisa’s parting message: “No RULES! There are not rules, you get to make it however you want it. You get to make it your own. There are no RULES. There is no one way to do anything, feel free to make it however you want to do it.”
“Is it taking your away from creating something that could be of better value?” – Lisa Orkin
- Headliner for Audiograms: www.headliner.app/
- Chartable for podcast reviews and rating: https://chartable.com/
- Good Life Project episode featuring James Victore
Connect with Lisa:
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.