In this episode Tami Stackelhouse and Heather chat about her journey from a fibromyalgia patient to a fibromyalgia coach. Tami shares the reward and challenges of moving from a solo entrepreneur/coach to training and running a team of coaches.
“What I charge is actually part of how I help my clients. It means they are more committed, they are going to get better results and they are going to show up to their coaching calls. And if I don’t charge enough money then it is easy for them to blow that off, not do the work and not get the results. Is that actually helping them? No I don’t think it is.” – Tami Stackelhouse
Who is Tami Stackelhouse?
Tami Stackelhouse dreams of a day when all fibromyalgia patients have access to the care and support they need to thrive; she is doing all she can to make that dream come true. A fibromyalgia patient herself, Tami has gone from disabled to thriving. Her compassion, gentle support, and fun coaching style have helped fibromyalgia patients all over the world take back control of their lives.
Tami is the Founder of the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute and author of “The Fibromyalgia Coach” and “Take Back Your Life.”
- 1:45 Tami’s journey as a fibromyalgia coach and a trainer other coaches
- 4:10 Working as entrepreneur and coach with a chronic illness
- 7:55 Tami’s evolution from coaching to training other to coach
- 11:45 Challenges of growing from a solo entrepreneur/coach to team of coaches
- 15:45 Letting go of wanting things to be a certain way and open yourself up to other people genius
- 18:45 Coming back to her why – helping others with fibromyalgia
- 21:30 Balancing your passion with running profitable business
- 26:00 Where do you fit in your industry – Are you a McDonald or a 5 Star Restaurant
- 29:55 Powerful questions:
- What is the worst thing that could happen if…
- What are the consequences of not doing this?
- What would happen to my ideal person if you don’t…?
- 31:55 Working with a chronic illness
- 37:40 Unapologetic self-care
- 44:00 Tami’s favourite quote “90 percent perfect and shared with the world always changes more lives than 100 percent perfect and stuck in your head.” – Jon Acuff
- 44:40 Tami’s parting message: “Realize when you need help. Hire a coach. If you are ready for more and you not sure where to go, or what to do, or how to get it. Find someone who can be your tour guide, because you don’t know what you don’t know. And sometimes you need someone who is farther a head on the path to show you the path.”
“Be brave, there are people out there that only you can really help, and they are waiting for you.” – Tami Stackelhouse
Connect with Tami:
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.