In this episode Kelly Leonard and Heather chat about Kelly’s journey as an entrepreneur working in a family owned business. Kelly shares her expertise on how to B.O.O.S.T.® your business on LinkedIn and the 1st steps to take to B.O.O.S.T.® your profile.
Kelly’s B.O.O.S.T.® methodology helps clients Build Their Brand, Optimize Relationships, Obtain More Leads, Secure Thought Leadership Space, and Tap into New Markets.
“They way you get beyond the stagnation of LinkedIn is the engagement piece, is your profile. Are you engaging?” – Kelly Leonard
Who is Kelly Leonard?
Kelly is an author, keynote speaker, consultant, trainer, podcast host, and award-winning CEO. Through her trademarked B.O.O.S.T.® methodology, Kelly has successfully helped thousands of business leaders increase revenue, build profitable strategic partnerships, connect with new clients, land dream jobs, and more.
Kelly is the CEO of Taylor-Leonard Corporation (T-LC), working closely with her husband. Kelly has held leadership positions with GE Capital, Kaiser Permanente, and PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
- 1:15 Kelly’s business background
- 2:40 From a corporate career to working with her spouse in a family owned business
- 4:35 From a pay cheque to the ebbs and flows of entrepreneurship cash flow
- 6:25 Don’t compromise on your price
- 9:25 Be strategic with what you give for free
- 11:00 The challenge of being the face of the company
- 13:20 Do you brand yourself or your business
- 16:45 Challenges of work with your spouse
- 22:15 Important to find time to focus on yourself and your family
- 24:00 Look for resilience versus balance
- 25:20 Kelly most important lesson: build and maintain strong relationships
- 32:30 A scarcity mentality will cause you to compromise yourself
- 33:20 Scaling your business – let go of perfection
- 37:10 Don’t let go your business’ voice
- 39:30 B.O.O.S.T.® yourself on LinkedIn – Kelly share her expertise on LinkedIn
- 42:50 How to make your LinkedIn profile engaging
- 45:25 1st steps to B.O.O.S.T.® your presence on LinkedIn
- 47:40 How often to be active on LinkedIn
- 49:20 Use your content wisely
- 52:50 Kelly’s favourite quote “You are beautiful, you’re bold, you’re brilliant, so let your light shine in all that you do.” – Marianne Williamson
- 48:37 Kelly’s parting message: “Embrace the authentic you! Do you, don’t worry about what is going on around you. Stayed focused. Stay committed. Do you!”
“When you start compromising on your pricing, it really set you up for a less then fruitful relationship for both parties.” –Kelly Leonard
Connect with Kelly:
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ktleonard/ – connect with Kelly by sending a personal message and let her know you heard her episode on Ready for More! Podcast.
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Interactive Content with Geneviève Rochon – RFM054 - May 23, 2019
- Ask for Help – RFM053 - May 20, 2019
- Clients Who Say Yes with Kay Richardson – RFM052 - May 16, 2019