In this episode Caroline Wood and Heather chat about what it is like to be an introvert in business. We discuss how important it is to know your business numbers. Caroline share her thoughts on why creating systems in your business is key to your success.
“Growing a business is about doubling down on what is working and letting go of whats not.” – Caroline Wood
Who is Caroline Wood:
Caroline helps introverted service based business owners spend more time doing what they love, and less time chasing clients for signatures and payment. She specialises in bringing personal touch to automation and creating quiet business strategies to make any introverted heart sing!
Caroline work with service based businesses, with a focus on those run by introverts, to put in place systems and automations so they can create a business that supports rather than takes over their lives.
Caroline created her business after spending 20 years wandering through various jobs and careers including volunteering in Namibia, working for not for profits both in Australia and Laos, working for the Australian government and working as an auditor in two of the Big 5 accounting firms.
- 2:30 Caroline’s wandering path to entrepreneurship.
- 6:10 Caroline’s journey from starting her business “working for money” to now working in her zone of genius
- 8:32 Finding your sweet spot for your business is an investment
- 9:14 Listen to your intuition/gut – Specifically around who are your right clients
- 11:10 People will pay you for your expertise – your zone of genius
- 13:00 Don’t make assumptions about what people know
- 16:00 Be on top of your numbers
- 16:51 Visibility and marketing as an introvert
- 20:00 The “shoulds” – if you are not enjoying something then don’t do it or find another way
- 24:20 The challenge of recharging your energy
- 26:55 Systems and simplifying your business
- 29:20 What is a system – they are powerful and they don’t have to be complicated
- 33:00 The power of a checklist
- 37:50 Tracking number for visibility and what to focus on.
- 48:18 Caroline’s favourite quote: “What if I fail, but my daring what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
- 49:10 Caroline’s parting message: “You shouldn’t be afraid of your numbers. You need to come grips with them if you are going to be serious about your business. You have to understand the numbers. Yes, you can outsource a lot of that work but the key numbers, you as a business owner, really need to understand to step up to your role as being a CEO.“
Connect with Caroline:
“Because it simple for me doesn’t mean it is simple for someone else. People will pay you for your area of genius!”– Caroline Wood
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- You Can Change Your Story - February 11, 2020
- Top 5 Email Marketing Mistakes Business Owner Make - February 10, 2020
- 4 Questions to Consider Before Changing a Business Tool - February 4, 2020