In this interview, Karen and Heather chat about the importance of being on top of your finances as an entrepreneur. Most importantly, pay yourself first! Listen to hear 6 tips on how to grow a business that is right for you and supports you financially.
“Pay yourself first!” – Karen Trepte
Who is Karen Trepte:
Karen is the owner of KT Finances and her passion is helping entrepreneurs invest their money and maximize their savings so they can set themselves up for long-term success. Karen was born into the world of finance and have loved finance since she was 5 years old. She built her first house at 21 years old and have been investing in multiple properties ever since. She holds an MBA along with a Masters in Asia Pacific Studies and studying for several years at the College of Financial Planning.
- 3:00 How Karen fell in love with finance
- 4:5o Her passion – helping women get set up for long-term saving
- 6:15 Enterepenerual relationship with money
- 8:35 Tip 1: Pay yourself 1st – you are worth it!
- 13:20 Use your natural skills in your business
- 16:15 Stand up for yourself and pay attention to what you want
- 19:35 Tip 2: Learn it and then delegate it
- 21:30 Let yourself learn, make mistakes and love yourself
- 24:20 Tip 3: The fortune is in the followup
- 27:55 Progress over perfection
- 28:35 Tip 4: You need a budget
- 33:20 Tip 5: Separate your business and personal finances
- 37:00 We are worth taking care of ourselves and charging what we are worth
- 39:30 Tip 6: Fire customers that are not a right fit
- 44:45 Karen’s favourite quote: “Work is love made visible.” ~Kahlil Gibran
- 45:20 Karen’s parting message: “Pay yourself first!”
Connect with Karen:
“Get a Virtual Assistant, even for one hour a week, so you can focus on your zone of genius.”– Karen
YNAB: www.youneedabudget.com (note this is affiliate link for Karen)
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Stand Out and Attract More Leads – RFM063 - July 18, 2019
- Couch to Active with Lyn Lindbergh – RFM062 - July 11, 2019
- We Know What is Right for Us with Jen Wozny – RFM061 - July 4, 2019