In this interview, Marina and Heather chat about building a business that supports a life of joy. Marina shares how she discovered the value of having structure, systems and process in place to enable her lifestyle. We chat about how important it is to set boundaries and the tone of your business so you can have the lifestyle you want.
“A joy lead life is all part of that because everyone has their own freaky ingredients for the life they want to lead.” – Marina Pearson
Who is Marina Pearson:
Marina is a mum, bestselling author, investor, host of the Joy of Being Podcast and lifestyle coach for busy mums and women in business who want to stress less and live more.
Over the past decade, Marina has been running retreats, workshops and online programs in one form or another to support women to experience a joy-led life. This way they can ditch living lives of obligation vs living their own lives on their own terms. Her work has been featured in Marie Claire, ITV This Morning, Huffington Post, The Daily Mail but to name a few. If you want to live a lifestyle that is extraordinary then you need to make time to design it. Are you ready?
- 1:30 Marina journey and how she changed focused
- 6:10 She already had an incredible life but she just never saws it
- 8:00 Don’t follow someone else prescribed steps to success – find your own
- 10:45 The value of having structure, systems and process in place
- 15:54 How Richard Branson starts a new business
- 17:16 Value of process and systems to create the life you want
- 21:59 How can your business support you to lead the lifestyle you want?
- 22:27 Don’t outsource your voice
- 24:30 The stories we tell ourselves, we can create new stories
- 26:00 We are not one thing, we can be many things
- 31:40 Set boundaries “If you are going to be off, be off. If you are going on holiday, be on holiday.”
- 32:30 “Life doesn’t have to be hard and stressful. It can really be full of ease and graceful personally and professionally.”
- 36:23 Set a tone for your business
- 41:21 Marina favourite quote: “And in this game of life, we all search for ourselves. When I say selves, I mean ‘inner selves’, the thing that created the life in the first place. Now consciously, most of us are not aware of this. But if you’re searching for happiness; if you’re searching for tranquillity; if you’re searching just to have a nice, peaceful, loving, understanding life… in actual fact, your searching for your inner self.” ~Syney Banks
- 43:00 Marina parting message: “Have fun and don’t take life too seriously.”
Connect with Marina:
“Let it emerge and unfold on its own. Yes nurture it. Yes give it water but give it space.”– Marina Pearson
Website: www.marinapearson.com – You can access her free gifts and the Podcast the Joy of Being
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
The Should Buster: https://www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Stop Over Giving and Under Selling with Sarah Santacroce- RFM044 - April 18, 2019
- Lead Generation Strategies – RFM043 - April 15, 2019
- Building a Business by Livestreaming with Bonnie Frank – RFM042 - April 11, 2019