Listen in as Heather and Julia chat about challenging and managing the stories that we tell ourselves. That our stories about who we are are often the biggest obstacles to our success and that, perhaps most importantly, they can be changed. We can rewrite our notions of who we are in ways that are healthier, happier and completely truthful in ways that support our success in our businesses, and well, everything else too.
“Develop trust with yourself, that I can trust myself to do what is right for me. That I can trust myself to take action when that is what is required. That I can trust myself to pursue the things that really matter.” – Julia Jones
Who is Julia Jones:
Julia Jones is a life coach and author who works with (mostly) women to rewrite their stories about who they are and what is possible for them so that they can live their best and most authentic lives. Her company, Whole Life Coaching, focuses on meeting clients where they are and helping them grow into their unlimited possibilities.
She lives in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US with her seminarian husband, twin tweens, and a pony-sized dog. She has taught adults and children about everything from the history of the world to how to eat and think in ways that optimize wellness and wholeness.
- 1:35 Julia’s business in her own words
- 4:52 “The Box” we put ourselves in
- 7:07 Changing focus – the evolution path for a business
- 9:42 Getting over feeling overwhelmed –> “What do I need to do next?”
- 12:06 The surprise of being an entrepreneur
- 14:15 How we learn anything new
- 15:57 No one teaches us to be entrepreneurs
- 16:27 You are your own CEO and your own employee
- 19:47 If you are ready, take a step and trust yourself
- 21:06 The stories women tell themselves
- 23:52 Deep listening requires practice
- 24:52 Use your “Thought Ladder”
- 27:17 Practise intentional thought
- 29:52 Change “Shoulds” into “Wants”
- 35:20 Women Stepping up
- 39:52 Failure is not a bad thing
- 47:30 Julia’s favourite quote: “I dwell in possibilities” – Emily Dickinson
- 48:00 Julia’s parting message: “I think that finding a way to tell yourself and believe that you can do this, is some of the most worthwhile work that you will do in building your business.”
Connect with Julia:
Facebook Group: Add Deep Roots Tall Branches
Connect with Heather:
The Should Buster: https://www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.