Listen in as Heather and Sophie chat about the key to being a successful woman entrepreneur, about the importance of self-confidence. Sophie shares some amazing stories from her just-released book Find Your Flame – Why Motivation Matter More Than Talent.
“Set a goal and go for it. So what if you miss it. If you don’t set a goal and just see what happens, then you are always going to miss.” – Sophie Bennett
Who is Sophie Bennett:
Sophie Bennett is a keynote speaker and author. She is an expert on leadership and motivation. Sophie’s new book, “Find Your Flame – Why Motivation Matter More Than Talent“, was released on September 19th, 2018. The book explores recently discovered motivational triggers that drive us to take action and inspire us to do our best work.
Sophie is a habitual high achiever with an eclectic background, as a former professional skier, turned trainer of dancing horses. For the last 15 years, she has been running a successful practice as a communication & leadership expert. Sophie’s has appeared on stages in the UK, Europe, and the USA.
- 1:15 Sophie’s road to being an entrepreneur
- 3:30 How her experience as a professional dressage ride prepared Sophie for sales
- 9:15 Do the things you love and you’ll make amazing connections
- 14:45 All our time is precious, learn to prioritize your time
- 16:51 One thing and the art of saying no
- 18:57 Have one priority each day and it gets done
- 20:38 Self-confidence – what is it? “When you start to trust yourself, you start to listen to gut more”
- 25:27 Develop an Olympic attitude – be fully responsible for your future
- 28:37 Recharging – the value of nature
- 32:11 Do what you love
- 33:33 Sophie’s book: Find the Flame
- 42:06 Don’t wait for the big thing, because the next little thing could be the big thing
- 43:30 We all have all the resources we need, what holds us back is self-confidence
- 45:15 “We step back from the edge of greatness and go back into the safety of our comfort zone.”
- 47:45 Sophie’s favourite quote “A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water“ – Eleanor Roosevelt
- 48:25 Sophie’s parting advice: “Decide what you want and commit to it.“
Connect with Sophie:
Sophie’s New book: Find Your Flame – Why Motivation Matters More Than Talent
Connect with Heather:
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Action and Outcome Based Goals – RFM037 - March 25, 2019
- Making the Jump from ME to WE with Tami Stackelhouse – RFM036 - March 21, 2019
- Be Unapologetically Bold -RFM035 - March 18, 2019