The Ignite Your Market Weekly Challenge’s goal is to create simple but powerful actions that you can do each week that will help you:
- Identify your market and opportunities.
- Connect with your client and prospects.
- Ignite your markets and your businesses
This Week’s Ignite Your Market Challenge: Monitor Your Smartphone Habits!
Do you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is reach for your Smartphone? Do you have a need to check your email, the news, Facebook, etc before you even clean your teeth?
How often do you check your phone while working? Do you read and respond to emails as soon as your alert pings? If you are in a meeting or at an event are you frequently checking your phone?
Do you have “no phone” time during your business day?
Smartphone are a great business tool; unfortunately, I see so many people who are allowing their Smartphone habits to run their day.
Smartphones have created this sense of urgency for everything when in reality 90% of it isn’t urgent. Frequent refocusing our energy every time an alert pings on our phone is a huge time waster, it affects the quality of what we doing and it increases the amount of time it takes to complete anything.
This week’s Ignite Your Marketing Challenge is to “Monitor Your Smartphone Habits”. Be honest with yourself about how you use your Smartphone. Look at how it affects your productivity, focus and quality of business time.
A few simple ways to start to take control of your Smartphone:
- Turn off alerts during working hours
- Develop a “check-in” strategy. For example, only check email once an hour.
- Turn off your phone or put it on silence during meetings, and networking events
- Use airplane mode if you want to use your smartphone but you do not want to be distracted by incoming information
What suggestions do you have to start controlling your Smartphone and increase your productivity? Please share below.
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Facebook Live: 5 Steps to Create Your Power Hour! - April 24, 2018
- The Power of an Hour! - April 24, 2018
- Ignite Your Market Challenge: Create Your “Do Not Disturb” Routine - April 23, 2018