For those of us who live north of the equator, summer is nearly over, kids are heading back to school, business events are starting to ramp up again, and life is getting back to “normal”. I don’t know about you, but I always feel like September is the start of something new. It’s time to ramp up your business, plan and get results.
There are only 4 months left in the year! I know, where, oh where did the time go?
Have you developed your “game plan” with specific goals and actions for the last third of the year? If you have, that’s fantastic. If you haven’t, then now is the time to get yourself ready to get “back to business”.
I recommend booking “planning” blocks in your agenda so that you’re ready to go and create results as soon as the school bell rings. It’s a great way to create momentum now so that you can hit the ground running.
Many entrepreneurs are so busy “doing” that they put planning on the back burner. They stay focused on the “now” and you might be saying, “I don’t have time to plan!” I know from my own experience that when I sit down and make a plan with specific goals, objectives, and accountability measures, I accomplish more and create positive momentum and energy that take my business to the next level.
Just Do It!
- Are you on track to meet your goals?
- If not, what is getting in the way?
- If yes, what must you do to ensure you reach or exceed those goals?
- What’s your best business success this year?
- Where do most of your revenue come from?
- Where do you see opportunities for your business to:
- Grow sales
- Wow your customers
- Make improvements
Plan and Set Your Goals for the last third of the year
- What’s your revenue target? What’s your stretch target?
- What mix of products, services or programs do you need to reach that target? Do the math!
- What are your 3 top priorities? How will you focus on them each week/day?
Define Your Strategies
- What’s your marketing strategy?
- What’s your social media/digital marketing strategy?
- What do you need to develop/create/update, if anything?
- What’s your communications strategy (both to existing clients and new prospects)?
- Who are the partners that will help you succeed?
- What systems do you need in place?
- Who is your support?
Create Specific Actions
- How much time will you spend on each activity?
- How many people do you need to contact?
- What program or service will you launch and/or deliver? What’s your timeline?
- What events will you attend?
- What are your 30, 90, and 120-day actions and goals?
Knowing and being on top of your top 3 priorities and having systems in place to deal with day-to-day activities creates an amazing feeling of empowerment and positive momentum in your business.
What will you do to get “Back To Business“, please share your thoughts below.
I love to see entrepreneurs follow their passions, serve more people and create the lifestyle of their dreams.
Latest posts by Heather Cameron (see all)
- Interactive Content with Geneviève Rochon – RFM054 - May 23, 2019
- Ask for Help – RFM053 - May 20, 2019
- Clients Who Say Yes with Kay Richardson – RFM052 - May 16, 2019